Market Sale 2016 Scholarship Recipients
- Meghan Baldwin-Liberty Livestock 4-H Club
- Colin Bruce- Niwot Nifties 4-H Club
- Molly Gunhus- Super Swine 4-H Club
- Kyle Hansen- Rinn Valley4-H Club
- Tiana Smith- Fairview Crops and Livestock 4-H Club
The 2017 Boulder County Fair Junior Livestock Market Sale benefits 4-H and FFA youth who raise beef, pigs, sheep, goats, dairy, rabbits and poultry for their annual projects. Youth ages 8-18 enrolled in 4-H and FFA learn animal husbandry skills of proper care and feeding livestock. Their finished projects are then auctioned at the livestock sale. These market animals are sold per head at a live auction with the highest bidder purchasing the animal, The proceeds go to the 4-H or FFA youth who in turn uses this money to pay for project expenses and to further their education.