Market Sale 2017 Scholarship Recipients
- Ben Morrow-Urban Explorers 4-H Club
- Morgen Frank- All in Stride 4-H Club
- Diane Litzenberger- Liberty Livestock 4-H Club
- Ben Krueger- Rinn Valley 4-H Club
- Jackie Martin- Silver Spurs 4-H Club
The 2018 Boulder County Fair Junior Livestock Market Sale benefits 4-H and FFA youth who raise beef, pigs, sheep, goats, dairy, rabbits and poultry for their annual projects. Youth ages 8-18 enrolled in 4-H and FFA learn animal husbandry skills of proper care and feeding livestock. Their finished projects are then auctioned at the livestock sale. These market animals are sold per head at a live auction with the highest bidder purchasing the animal, The proceeds go to the 4-H or FFA youth who in turn uses this money to pay for project expenses and to further their education.